This is USA20fourteen, the travel blog from my USA West Coast Tour in May-June 2014.
I arrive in Los Angeles where I will spend a few days taking in the sights, sounds and tastes of the West Coast. The only event booked is a baseball game at Dodger Stadium, the rest of my time is flexible, with possible destinations including: Santa Monica/Venice Beach, Universal Studios, Disneyland, Knott’s Berry Farm, The Getty Museum and touring Hollywood.
I then join a Topdeck Coast to the Bay Tour.
The tour takes a scenic route from LA to San San Francisco over 13 days. Heading inland through California, Arizona, Utah and Nevada on a USA road trip aboard a Topdeck coach we will visit some of the most iconic West Coast sights including San Diego, The Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Las Vegas, Yosemite National Park and more.
For full trip details, click here.
Update (12/05/2014): Personalised Trip notes complete with dates and accommodation details can be found here.
Following the tour, I will spend a few days exploring San Francisco. Once again, all I have pre-booked is a ferry-ride out to Alcatraz Island, the rest of my time is flexible – allowing me to see/do as much or as little as I feel, including Alcatraz, The Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman’s Wharf, Chinatown and more before flying back to Australia via LAX.
See below for my full Itinerary:
– Saturday 31 May 2014:
- Melbourne (Tullamarine) to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) aboard Virgin Australia flight VA23, departing 11:00am – arriving 8:30am
– Saturday 31 May 2014 – Wednesday 04 June 2014:
- Staying at USA Hostels Hollywood
– Monday 02 June 2014:
- LA Dodgers v Chicago White Socks @ Dodger Stadium 7:10pm
– Wednesday 04 June 2014 – Monday 16 June 2014:
- Topdeck Coast to the Bay Tour
– Monday 16 June 2014 – Friday 20 June 2014:
- Staying at USA Hostels San Francisco
– Tuesday 17 June 2014:
- Ferry-ride to Alcatraz Island to visit ‘The Rock’
– Friday 20 June 2014:
- San Francisco to LAX on Virgin America flight 936, departing 5:30pm – arriving 6:55pm
- Depart LAX aboard Virgin Australia flight VA2 at 10:15pm
– Sunday 22 June 2014:
- Arrive Sydney International Airport at 6:20am
- Sydney to Melbourne on flight VA824, departing 9:000am – arriving 10:35am
I will try to post regular updates of my adventures to keep you informed and entertained (including plenty of these).
The best way to stay in contact with me is via Facebook messages, e-mail or of course via this blog.